At UPMC, we are dedicated to keeping our neighborhood safe and healthy as the COVID-19 pandemic unfolds. As our team continues to provide Life Changing Medication to our patients, our recruiters will continue to fill positions throughout this time. Interviews and other procedures may be customized to protect the security of our prospects and workers. Thank you for your persistence.
For more information about UPMC’s action to COVID-19, please go to.
Browse Our Jobs
For the best application experience, we encourage you to request this job from a non-mobile gadget.
Existing UPMC workers must use in
- Job ID: 278383683
- Status: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Routine
- Shift: Day Job
- Department: Phlebotomy Services
- Union Position: No
- Wage Range: $1664 to $2717/ hour
UPMC St. Margaret is seeking a highly motivated Full-Time Manager for the Phlebotomy/Processing department. This role is a Monday-Friday job with flexible daytime hours. The Manager, Phlebotomy will supervise a team of 20 staff members. If you are an experienced laboratory specialist who is prepared to take the next steps in your profession, we wish to hear from you!
UPMC St. Margaret is a 250- bed hospital that strives to deliver the best patient care while still preserving a friendly, welcoming level of service our clients have actually come to anticipate from a neighborhood healthcare facility.
The Supervisor, Phlebotomy supplies everyday leadership to the medical lab specimen procurement and client services team in assistance of the healthcare facilities desire to attain a high level of consumer fulfillment. Offers support to the client services group including the performance of staff responsibilities to cover vacancies in the schedule as required. Accountable to preserve a staff schedule to supply protection in all areas of responsibility to meet patient care requirements. Assists with the planning, advancement, and monitoring of quality assurance efforts to support client care and security.
- Maintains a schedule to supply protection to fulfill patient care needs.
- Procures appropriate specimens by venipuncture, heelstick and fingerstick following established treatments consisting of correct patient recognition procedures. Might gather samples aside from blood, as needed. Specimen collection might be performed at off-site places, as required.
- Performs all responsibilities according to the philosophy of the UPMC Health System such that the needs of our customers are fulfilled.
- Trains and orients new workers and students.
- Carries out personnel performance examinations and administers corrective action, as needed.
- Accountable for maintaining and updating specimen procurement policies and treatments.
- Demonstrates reliability, dependability, and independent judgment recognizing priorities to accommodate department needs and acceptance of suitable authority.
- Promotes client security.
- Interacts with all lab clients courteously and expertly; reacts to telephone questions in a prompt way.
- Establishes quality efforts to improve procedure and supply consumer fulfillment. Assists in identifying level of client satisfaction through different metrics.
- Properly signs up client market info and laboratory test orders into the information system( s), while determining adequacy of patient details.
- Informs technical staff, supervisory workers and/or pathologists of any uncommon or problematic incidents.
- Instruct clients on the collection procedures for lab specimens that are obtained by the patient.
- Follows established laboratory and health center policies in areas of procedures, methods, quality assurance, quality assurance, safety, compliance and personnel policies.
- Offer the basic oversight of the customer service areas consisting of Phlebotomists and CPU staff in the specimen collection and processing locations of the Laboratory.
- Provide for competency and continuing education oversight for phlebotomy, specimen receiving, and outpatient services assistant.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate degree in lab sciences chosen.
- Five years phlebotomy experience needed. Health center laboratory experience preferred.
- Medical terms experience needed.
- Prior experience in roles highlighting a customer support focus needed.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Need to have good oral and written skills, should be able to communicate effectively with any age groups and populations of internal and external customers along with colleagues both on the telephone and straight.
- Understanding of LIS computer system info systems as associated to specimen procurement procedures and registration chosen.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Workplace applications preferred.
- Should end up being knowledgeable in making use of LIS.
- Required to perform frequent sitting, strolling, standing and flexing.
- Periodic extended sitting and standing required.
- Manual mastery and motor coordination required to manage specimens and devices.
- Attends compulsory security, compliance and other conferences required by laboratory and health center guidelines.
- Attends in-services, lectures, and training classes, as needed.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Phlebotomy Specialist (PBT( ASCP)) or MLT( ASCP) with significant phlebotomy experience or comparable chosen.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Act 31 Kid Abuse Reporting
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than simply competitive pay and advantages, our bundle takes care of you in all areas of life. Designed to assist you accomplish your goals, Total Rewards support our belief that you’re at your finest when you’re getting the assistance you need in all areas of life: expert, personal, financial, and more.
No matter where we work or what we do, we’re driven by typical worths that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. UPMC’s values of Quality & Security, Self-respect & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Development play a crucial role in producing a cohesive, favorable, experience for our employees, clients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
For the best application experience, we motivate you to make an application for this job from a non-mobile gadget.
View & Apply.