On a day when Delhi once again tape-recorded over 100 deaths due to coronavirus, the Kejriwal government directed health groups to visit Covid-19 clients who are in house isolation and ensure they follow all norms. The federal government has also increased the capacity of RT-PCR testing capability to 37,000 tests daily.
On the other hand, as many as 411 ICU beds have actually been added in health centers run by the Delhi federal government and the Centre in the last 5 days. Earlier the AAP government had revealed reservation of 80%of ICU beds in Delhi’s private hospitals for Covid-19 patients.
Delhi on Saturday recorded 5,879 coronavirus cases and 6,963 recoveries. Delhi likewise saw 111 coronavirus deaths on Saturday, taking the death toll to 8,270 Delhi’s coronavirus tally rose to 5,23,117 on Saturday.
Delhi has seen a spurt in coronavirus cases considering that October 28, when the everyday caseload breached the 5,000- mark for the very first time and tape-recorded the greatest single-day spike of 8,593 cases on November 11.
Delhi govt measures to check coronavirus:
1. “Several personal healthcare facilities have actually likewise included more ICU beds after they were told to reserve 80%of them for Covid-19 clients,” an authorities stated.
2. A day after hiking the penalty for different infractions, the Delhi Authorities on Saturday enforced the fine of Rs 2,000 on more than 1,300 people till 4 pm in the city.
3. A spokesperson of the Ministry of House Affairs (MHA) on Saturday stated that the Indian Council of Medical Research Study (ICMR) has actually increased the capacity of improved the capability of day-to-day RT-PCR tests in Delhi to 37,200 following the direction of Union Home Minister Amit Shah.
” ICMR has increased RT-PCR screening capability from 27,000 tests/day to 37,200 RT-PCR tests per day on instructions of HM @AmitShah. 30,735 RT-PCR samples were collected in Delhi on 19 Nov as compared to 12,055 RT-PCR samples on 15 November,” the representative tweeted.
It mentioned that all cases of symptomatic negatives of quick antigen tests should be re-tested with follow-up RT-PCR tests, which are considered the gold standard for Covid-19 screening.
4. Delhi federal government has actually directed district authorities to check out Covid-19 clients under house seclusion and guarantee that they follow isolation guidelines. “Patients under house seclusion must be routinely examined and physically gone to by health teams to make sure correct adherence to seclusion requirements,” the order stated said.
In an order, the health department said contact tracing should be paid appropriate attention. It must be ensured that the contacts traced go through immediate screening and kept under efficient seclusion until the test outcome comes.
5. Delhi federal government had earlier purchased an analysis of coronavirus cases emerging from home entertainment areas, markets, work environments and metro-like services on an urgent basis to recognize possible clusters and immediate containment steps.
6. The Delhi federal government on Friday released a notice, saying that spitting and usage of tobacco in public places, offense of Covid-19 quarantine rules, not using of masks and not keeping social distancing would bring in a fine of Rs 2,000
7. According to official information shared by the police, out of the 1,358 challans issued on Saturday, 1,306 were for not using mask offense, one for spitting and 51 for those found violating social-distancing standards.
8. Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan inaugurated a blood contribution camp in Delhi and said donating blood is a great virtue that has health advantages too.
( With inputs from PTI)